MUSKOKA NORTH GOOD FOOD CO-OPERATIVE – INTERN POSITION
LOCATION: 1 Crescent Rd., Huntsville, ON
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISORS: Co-management team
POST DATE: Friday, Dec. 7, 2018
CLOSE DATE: ongoing
POSITION PERIOD: One Year with opportunity for renewal
*CRITERIA: Must have graduated within the last three (3) years from recognized post-secondary institution with a degree, diploma or certificate & must be 30 years of age or younger.
*Please note that this position is funded by FedNor and this criteria is essential due to the mandate of the program.
Muskoka North Good Food Co-operative has recently completed a significant expansion. This intern position will place the successful candidate in an extremely unique, fast-paced, and exciting time in Co-operative Food development, not only in Huntsville but in Ontario. If Co-operative frameworks and/or great food and wellness are of interest to you, then this could be an exceptional opportunity. Organizers are excited to be welcoming a new staff member to the ever expanding good food team!
Position Summary: This engaging and collaborative Intern position is multi-faceted. Position will include, but will not be limited to: communications, hands-on in-store operations, organizing Co-op initiatives, projects and events, and some interesting food systems development projects. The Intern will assist MNGFC’s co-management team on several levels, especially in the areas that specifically align with the intern’s prioritized interests and skills. The Intern will work in both a co-operative retail atmosphere and in a private office space to perform numerous duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
AGRI-FOOD and CO-OP RETAIL SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT
- Identify the gaps in northern agri-food production and address potential for new agri-food production
- Develop producer bios and in-store marketing materials
- Keep Northern Ontario Producers and Products document current
- Learn and develop new skills by collaborating in all aspects of the Co-op’s retail and kitchen components
- Assist in addressing MNGFC inquiries – telephone, email, social media
- Co-create MNGFC’s weekly e-newsletter
- Help maintain MNGFC’s website and social media platforms
- Co-develop MNGFC’s annual signature fundraising/promotional event
- Continue to update Co-op membership list
- Assist in development and production of printed promotional materials
- Assist managers in grant proposal development
- Perform daily co-op administrative duties as assigned by co-manager
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, experience)
- Assets: Experience or education in sustainable/co-operative development, education, business, agriculture, marketing/advertising, graphic design/art
- Passion for local food and community development
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an overall positive attitude towards people and life
- Ability to think out of the box, be creative, work independently (multi-task) and take initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Experience working with not-for-profit organizations (an asset)
- Cannot have previously participated as a youth intern in FedNor’s Northern Ontario Development Program or in any other federal or provincial internship program with pay for a period of six (6) months or more
ANNUAL SALARY AND BENEFITS
Wage and Benefits: $35,000
For more information or to send cover letter and resume, please call or contact:
705.789.0020 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Muskoka North Good Food Co-op Management Team